me and my baby girl

me and my baby girl
next 1

Friday, May 13, 2011

What I quit

This is the thing< I'm fifty years old now FIFTY. I"ve raised three children AND I'm a grand mother. First of all> Secondly I love what I do so very much to compromise is is to say it"s not of GOD. There is no compromise where as GOD is concerned. His gifts should be cherished and I do cherish what GOD has given me, the message he has entrusted me to deliver.Oh I have taken many things forgranted where as my gift is concerned. I"ve even pimped my  potential. But now being of sound mind and body and voice. I stand erect as a seventeen year old's member. There was a time when I don"t know but I'm gonna give room just in case I ever gave reason to be treated like a 50 cent slave.there was a time ( perhaps when I was a single black mother with 3 children to feed, clothe, educate and love) there might have been a tome when I did anything to bring home the bacon.But that time is over. OVER! I can not continue to go on the road and stay in substandard hotels where ANYTHING can happen to me, I can not be driven around in cars that stop on the side of the road, I can not bring staff such as band, assistants, road manager,etc.. and not pay them because the promoter didn"t pay me.I will not have promoters sit and have conversations with me about what they have heard about me and why they almost didn"t bring me in town, I will not pay my own hotel, air and food or take a shuttle to the hotel. I'm NOT gonna do ANY of that NOT ANTY ANTY of it.So I'm not going out doing shows anymore.I am grateful for everyone that has expressed support and or concern. I'd like you to know I'm good. I love you and if anything changes I will let you know. Love and Light

7 comments:

  1. Understood and love you for it. You should never be treated that way, and I'm so glad you will not have to encounter such behavior again. Naturally, I do hope to see/hear you again. Nonetheless, you have to take care of you, in Jesus name, and do what you're now doing in glorifying God.

    Betty Kendall

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand Ms Miki. My cousin posted this on her page before and I find it suitable for you at this time in your life it goes like this ...
    " I CANT MAKE YOU RESPECT ME BUT...I DONT HAVE TO SIT HERE AND TAKE DISRESPECT FROM YOU. "

    ReplyDelete
  3. My love, we have been close friends for many years now. I am going to say this for everyone to read! As a very private person I under normal circumstances would be calling you to say this however it time for you and everyone else how i feel regarding this one!
    It's about time that you set a new standard for who you are and what you deserve. No one will respect you until you demand respect! Too long have you been settling for what is under par. In relationships, business situations , even people you spent time with! Whatbhas changed in the dynamic is you! You have a man who loves you, chliden who adore you, and those of us whether near or far who have always been there for you and prayed for you are back in your life! You are proudly proclaiming your new aware self and what you are walking in.
    You will never quit, music is your birthright, your inheritance. It makes me proud to know that you recognize and are demanding your self worth!!! Quitting... That would not please God, nor your mama, and you know it.... Fix that hair, do that face, putbon them bad shoes, and tight dress, and reintroduce Mikki Howard "her way, on HER terms!!!!

    I will forever love you...
    Norwood Young

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love U 4 your wisdom, talent, and grace! U did a GREAT JOB raising your 3 children, & God has more N store 4 U! Love & Lite everything, is and will B alright. I LOVE U MIKI! CAN'T WAIT 2 C UR STAR ON HOLLYWOOD BLVD, U DESERVE IT, & N MY EYES HAVE WORKED DAMNED HARD 4 IT! B BLESSED! CONTINUE 2 HOLD&KEEP UR HEAD HIGH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. above comment from INDIA & HUBBY. SMILE :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All that matters is your peace sis...thank you for making music that I'll NEVER forget...forever a fan~Kenya

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like these comments! thank you all especially you Norwood.

    ReplyDelete